Rules & Regulations
1. Each entry must include: (A) Completed entry form. (B) Lyric sheet (please include English translation if applicable). Lyrics are not required for instrumental category. (C) Optional press kit (artist bio with a photograph). All entries must be submitted no later than November 30, 2018 or earlier.
2. All songs submitted must have been recorded and released between December 1, 2017 and November 30, 2018. You may also submit re-recorded versions of previously released material as long as it’s released within the same time-frame mentioned above and you have obtained the proper permissions from the original holder of the song’s publishing rights.
3. The International Portuguese Music Awards are open to all amateur and professional musicians and songwriters with Portuguese roots (artist must have a parent, grandparent, or great-grandparent who was born in Portugal). Artists from ALL countries are eligible. MP3s and lyrics will not be returned.
4. Winners will be chosen by a panel of judges comprised of music industry professionals in various parts of the world. Entries are judged equally on music performance, production, originality, lyrics, melody and composition. Songs may be in any language. Entrants and their collaborators will retain full rights to all work submitted to IPMA.
5. Song entries do not guarantee a nomination for an award.
6. Nominees will be announced at a special press conference and on the IPMA website at a date to be announced. “Winners” will be announced at the International Portuguese Music Awards show on a date to be announced. Entry constitutes permission to use winners names, likeness and voices for future publicity and advertising purposes.
7. IPMA reserves the right to extend the deadline of the competition. By submitting an application form to IPMA, entrant agrees to be bound by IPMA’s entry rules and regulations established herein.
Rules are subject to change.